20 Apr Spicy Shrimp and Tofu Vegetable Curry
This Curry has melted the hearts of many a dinner guest. It’s delicious, filling, made from amazing ingredients and is always a conversation point. Everyone wants this recipe after they taste it. Plus it’s easy to make! Almost all of the ingredients are available on The Green Life. All you need is a Crock Pot and a little bit of time to make it perfect. Let it simmer…Trust me, it gets better with time!
Shrimp and Tofu Vegetable Curry:
1 package Extra Firm, Non-GMO Organic Tofu-chopped into cubes
1 pound Shrimp-either fresh or frozen peeled. Always wild caught!
3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Medium sized Onion, medium chopped
1 Green Bell Peppers-chopped
1 Red Bell Pepper-Chopped
3 cloves Garlic-crushed
1 tsp. Tumeric
1 tsp. ground Cumin
1 Tbs. fresh ginger -shredded or chopped bought from your local farmers market
2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Brown Mustard Seeds
1 can (28 oz) Crushed Tomatoes
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup Frozen Petite Peas
1 can (14 oz) Light Unsweetned Coconut Milk
- Cut tofu into cubes and set in a frying pan with oil and the Thai Spicy Sauce to taste. Stir-fry until browned. Set aside
- Chop onions, peppers and garlic. Coat bottom of the Crock Pot with a thin layer of oil. Add the onions, peppers, garlic, all seasonings and cook gently on high for 30 minutes. Add the tomatoes, lemon and the coconut milk. Add the jar of the Madras Curry Sauce Mix well and let cook.
- After 1 hour of cooking, pour half of this mixture into a blender and puree. Then pour back into the Crock Pot and cook.
- Add the Tofu and Shrimp to the pot. Add the peas.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Turn to cooker to low and cook for 4 more hours.
- During the last 30 minutes, make a side of basmati rice.
- Serve curry over rice and a beautiful, Sauvignon Blanc. Enjoy!
**This post contains affiliate links. We only promote products that we truly believe in.